Geriatrics Course Objectives
The objectives of these lessons are to:
* Be able to describe different types of aging.
* Become aware of the diverse characteristics of an aging population.
* Be able to describe the changes in the number and percentage of older people in the population over the past several decades.
* Be able to describe the reasons for studying gerontology.
* Be able to describe how the lengthened life of the older population results in ethical issues which face families, physicians, and the nation.
Return to Table of Contents